Asthma and Mercury
Asthma is a phlegmatic disorder, a chronic respiratory disease in which the airways constrict, become inflamed, and are lined with excessive amounts of mucus. It is often in response to one or more triggers such as exposure to an environmental stimulant such as an allergen, environmental tobacco smoke, cold or warm air, perfume, moist air, exercise or exertion, or emotional stress. The symptoms are wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and coughing. Affliction to the 3rd lord in the horoscope (ruling lungs) and to Mercury can cause this disorder. We list some planetary combination in Vedic Horoscope that are often responsible for Asthma.
- Lord of the 3rd in deep debilitation.
- Mercury in Pisces while Capricorn is on the horizon.
- Sun and Mercury or the 3rd lord in close conjunction.
- The Sun in the ascendant in aspect to Mars, especially in the case of Libra natives.
- The Moon and Rahu in the 2nd in close association or in the 3rd, particularly for Virgo Lagna.
- Lord of the 3rd in the 8th with malefics.
- Conjunction of the Moon and Venus in evil houses.
Asthma will be acute and breathing will be highly painful if watery signs are significantly involved.